The “San Pedro de Anes” Test Centre, is situated on a 142,000 m2 plot in the municipality of Siero (Asturias), next to the AS-1 motorway (“Autovía Minera”), 22 km from Ovideo and 15 km from Gijón.
The Centre is located on the grounds of the former San Pedro station, which formed part of the railway line which transported coal from the Langreo mining basin to the old San Pedro de Anes tunnel. Built in 1849, this 167-metre-long tunnel is thought to be the oldest railway tunnel in Spain.
The Centre is in the parish of Anes in the municipality of Siero (Asturias), located very close to exit 34 of the “Autovía Minera” (AS-1). It is at kilometer 14,5 of the AS-246 road, is 22 km from Oviedo, 15 km from Gijón and 55 km from Asturias airport.
- Take the A-66 motorway in the direction of Gijón-Santander for 2.5 km.
- Take exit 126 then continue on the A-64/E70 motorway in the direction of Santander.
- After 8 km, take exit 23 “Gargantada, El Berrón, Noreña” and turn left in the direction of El Berrón (AS-246).
- Cross El Berrón (traffic lights), and continue along the AS-246 in the direction of Gijón for 7 km until kilometer 14,5 (San Pedro-La Figarona), where you take a turning to the left signposted for Applus+ TST.
- Take the AS-1 motorway (“Autovía Minera”) for 10 km in the direction of Mieres, until exit 23.
- Take exit 23 “Muño, Anes, La Madera” and turn left to take the AS-246 in the direction of Noreña.
- After about 2 km take the right turn with road directions to the “San Pedro de Anes” Test Centre (signposted Applus+ TST).
From Asturias Airport:
- Take the A-8 motorway in the direction of Avilés, then continue in the direction of Gijón and Santander.
- Once on the Gijón bypass (“Ronda”) take exit 387 “Gijón, El Llano, Pola de Siero”.
- Follow the road directions to join the Autovía Minera AS-1 in the direction of Langreo-Mieres.
- Once on the AS-1, take exit 23 “Muño, Anes, La Madera” and turn left to take the AS-246 in the direction of Noreña.
- After 2.4 km take the turn off to the right signposted for Applus+ TST.